Saturday, May 2, 2009

"The Nipper" Arkansas River - Salida, CO


"THE NIP"

Saturday May 2, 2009.
Arkansas River below Salida, CO
Flows: 500+- CFS
Temp 50-65ish, Overcast with patch of Sunlight
Rig - BHFB Hares Ear > Steve's Caddis Emerber>  CDC Emerger
Company: Steve Beach and Jason


Jason and scenery

Our private stretch
Jason with a fatty Brown
A thunderstorm headed our way so we hunkered down in the barn and waited out the storm!!
Steve hurting from last night

If we could only get to the other side...Fish were rising over there all day!
Where the hell did Steve go?  The leafless tree in the middle of the picture is about where he was at....Jason and I were just chillin in the car eating lunch and before we knew it Steve was back on the water
A decent brown I brought to hand
Big fish of the weekend!  16+ inch Bow I caught right after the rain storm




No comments:

Post a Comment