Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Brookie Blues" Brookie Ponds


"BROOKIE BLUES"
Chris, Joel, and I head west to meet Wyatt and his dog Archie Saturday mid day. Between the 4 of us we caught roughly 120 - 150 fish. Wyatt had caught 20 before we got there and had only kept 4 fish as he went home with 14! Chris had a 60+ between Saturday and Sunday. We just slayed'em. Though they were small 4-8 inches we had a good time. I borrowed Joel's Wright McGill 4wt and that was a blast with it! We kept 26 trout to eat for dinner and yum, were they good!
Wyatt and Chris showing off the "STICK OF DEATH"
Wyatt's stick of death to take home to the wife!
My first of two doubles I got over the weekend
Camp
Joel getting ready!
Joel on the harp
It started snow at about 10:30PM and before we knew it there was a slight dusting on the ground. Soon after we turned in, sometime during the night I shook the tent to get the fresh snow of the fly no sooner, I hear huge slabs of collected snow sliding down the sides of the tent. As I thought to myself...THAT'S MORE THAN JUST A DUSTING! This is what it looked like at 6AM fresh 3-4 inches of snow
8:30 and beautiful but you can see it's starting to meat already
Hiking down the trail...No Snow, all gone.






No comments:

Post a Comment