Sunday, October 19, 2008

Boulder CO

October 18th, 2008
So Frulla and I headed west in to the Canyon and thats about as specific as I can get. I don't want any of you East coasters stealing my honey holes out here. Just Kidding! So we had a great day of fishing, together we caught some where in twenty and twenty-five fish in about 5 hours of fishing. We were using stimulator's with copper john droppers. Chris changed up his stimulator with a muddler minnow later on in the afternoon. Throughout the afternoon the trout were equally hitting the stimulator as well as the CJ but as soon as the sun went down the stimulator seemed to be the fly of choice though the hits were soft and few and far in between.

Chris - The start of our railroad journey

The scary tunnel we ran through

Whew...We're through and no trains yet

A few climbers in the canyon - if you can make them out

Beauty

Here we go!

My first brown...on the dry fly! Look how dark is markings are...Beautiful fish

Young Brooke trout

A look down stream

"Chris, If I would have know we were going to do some climbing today I would have brought my shoes!" and FISH ON

Two gorgeous rainbows

My biggest rainbow of the day!
All in all it was a good day, though we were beat to shit...It's hard catching all those fish!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and beautiful fishing brother! Looks like you're really hittin the hard life out there in Denver! Hope to see ya soon Carp Daddy!

    ReplyDelete